3.0.1, seed games, sudoku, and pies in the sky

Hi all,

The gtk3 port of lightsoff and swell-foop have been completed and they
will be reenabled for the 3.0.1 release.

For sudoku John and I have been working on completing the pygobject
port. I hope that it will be ready in time for 3.0.1 so that we will
have a gtk3-ready product to ship. The improved startup time should be
a very welcome improvement.

In the long term I still support the vala port. Not for the product,
but for maintainability. The codebase of sudoku could do with a revamp
and the number of different programming languages used in gnome-games
is adding a lot of complexity. That said, the vala port is still a pie
in the sky. Maybe the 3.2 deadline will turn out to be too optimistic
or the feedback of the valaported chess could surprise us. Time will
tell. In my view the product is a need-to-have, and maintainability is
a nice-to-have. I am going to prioritize my work that way.