Re: Branding in games - was: Re: theming gnect (Four-in-a-row)

On Sun, 7 May 2006, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 02:04:16 +0300
> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu_gnome nicubunu ro>
> To: games-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: Branding in games - was: Re: theming gnect (Four-in-a-row)
>
> Alan Horkan wrote:

> > I do like the design taken on its own merits, only the fact that it it
> > is owned by Fedora taints it for me.  I would still like something with
> > those swirls often includes in cats eye style marbles.
> >
> > You will notice the rest of Gnome games is not very heavily branded, not
> > even with the Gnome footprint so Fedora branding doesn't seem like such a
> > good idea but it is entirely up to Callum to decide if he wants to include
> > it in Gnome games extra.
>
> There is *nothing* related to Fedora in those two themes, probably you
> confuse them with a theme I never officially proposed (but posted here a
> link when you asked for it).

The point i was get at is that I (we?) aren't particularly interested in
heavily branded artwork even if it was Gnome branded.  The plain clear
marbles you provided are great if a little plain and certainly worth
including somewhere.

The fedora marbles are lovely and I really like them except for the
branding issue and if the swirl didn't happen to be the same as the fedora
logo I'd want them included yesterday. (Referring back to earlier in the
thread even if you didn't specifically mention it in the last mail.)

Callum does the commit work so it is really up to him to decide and
including the Fedora marbles could probably go into the extra themes
package since they are so well done.

--
Alan