theming gnect (Four-in-a-row)

I made a custom theme for gnect (nothing fancy, just as an experiment) but I am unable to make it work.

I created an image with the right size (300x50, 6 pieces), both in PNG and SVG format, named it tileset_50x50_nicu.png and placed, as instructed by the help, in ~/.gnect/pixmaps. Starting the program, it does not appear in the themes list, so can't be selected.

Following the experience with theming other games, I placed the file on /usr/share/pixmaps/gnect/, along with the other themes. Still no success.

The only way to make it work, is to *replace* one of the files from /usr/share/pixmaps/gnect with my new file.

So obviously, I am missing something, any advice please?

--
nicu
my clipart page: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro