Re: sound, images, GPL and other licenses

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Sander Marechal wrote:
Richard Hoelscher wrote:
I'm just saying gnome-games needs newer and better themes to ship with

Well, I'm planning to commision an artist to create a card deck for
gnome-hearts and give it to gnome-games as well. Something nice and
glossy/shiny Vista-ish I think. But it'll be some time before I have the
funds for that.

If you can commision an artist to create card decks for you, then I will be very impressed. But will you be able to get the cards licensed as GPL do you think? Besides, paying someone to help gnome-hearts kind of goes again the whole open source thing... But if the end result is that you pey to get some really awesome cards released as GPL, then I will be happy to use them for free in gnome-games. :)

 - Andreas