Re: sound, images, GPL and other licenses

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Thilo Pfennig wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:35:59 +0100
> From: Thilo Pfennig <email pfennigsolutions de>
> To: games-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: sound, images, GPL and other licenses
>
> Callum McKenzie schrieb:
> > Andreas: should I add a note to the README file pointing out that some
> > artwork isn't under the GPL? (i.e. the gnibbles graphics and Richard's
> > public domain ones.)

> Would be better, I think, because many assume (as I did) that everything
> is GPL. Maybe once could make a list in the wiki for that?

I'm reasonably sure I used XMP to mark my SVG as being in the Public
Domain and part of OpenClipart.org and generally speaking I'm a big fan of
seeing my work widely reused.  Sometimes I just prefer if people ask
first* and then after that make sure things are correctly labelled.

--
Alan

* Copyright Alan Horkan:
http://alanhorkan.livejournal.com/33133.html