sound, images, GPL and other licenses

Hi, as I browsed some of the wav files in the gnome games one question
crossed my mind:

Are all these images licensed under GPL? Is this also true for the
images and other art data?

If yes I thought if it might not be a good idea to dual license all
these stuff also under another license like CC-BY-SA-2.5
 and to put it online as seperate data?

Why?

To enable people to download and work on it and without following the
more strict GPL rules. Also i think GNOME could use some more of free
music, sounds and graphics that are now increasingly availabe under
Creative Commons licenses.

I would like to see a place where game maintainers put and get their
material on. Some sounds can be shared or at least remixed. See also
http://ccmixter.org/

What y think?

Thilo

--