Re: Minutes of the Foundation Board, 22nd May

On Fri, 2018-05-25 at 21:41 +0200, Alexandre Franke wrote:
On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 9:32 PM, Carlos Soriano <csoriano gnome org>
wrote:
What is your goal exactly with this interrogatory?

I guess he’s just trying to get an answer to his initial question,
since you kept dodging it.

Yes, it was the exact same question just slightly reworded. Probably
not great style my side, but I also found the way that an answer was
avoided rather off-putting.

Now, back to the issue at hand. The user seems to have requested the
complete deletion of the account *including* all activity. AFAICT this
means that it is in the best interest of this user to delete everything
to the extend possible.

It is also a fact, that the user could remove many of the strings that
they posted on Gitlab by replacing them with e.g. "deleted" if their
account was still usable. The sole reason they cannot do so is because
their account was first blocked and later deleted.

Now, it appears that the fact that Gitlab allows users to edit their
comments was missed during the discussion by the Board. As such, the
Boards decision may need to be revisited under consideration of these
new facts.

Could the Board please clarify whether the concerns raised here affect
the official decision?

Benjamin