Minutes of the Foundation Board, 22nd May

= Foundation Board Minutes for Tuesday, May 22nd 2018, 18:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 18:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * AllanDay
 * MegFord (planned early departure)
 * DidierRoche
 * CarlosSoriano
 * NuritziSanchez
 * CosimoCecchi
 * NeilMcGovern  (planned early departure)
 * RosannaYuen

== Regrets ==

 * AlexandreFranke

== Missing ==

== Agenda ==

 * LAS GNOME update (Nuritzi)
 * Request for account deletion in GitLab for blocked user (Carlos)
 * Permission for Rosanna to fly to and attend GUADEC (Nuritzi)
 * GUADEC 2019 (Allan)


 * Engagement Committee (Nuritzi)
  * Vote for charter and propose members
  * https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/16

== Minutes ==

Neil and Meg had left by this point in the meeting.

 * LAS GNOME update (Nuritzi)
  * LAS GNOME is getting up to speed again. Nuritzi has shared a
proposal document and budget.
  * There's been an internal bidding process
  * The current plan is to have it in Denver, September 6-9th
  * There's already some funds for LAS GNOME, due to sponsorship
packages that have already been agreed
  * It's projected to run at a profit
  * ACTION: board members to review the proposal document, with a view
to vote at next week's meeting

 * Request for account deletion in GitLab for a blocked user (Carlos)
  * Carlos sent an email to board-list with details of this
  * Carlos is the only GitLab admin. He recently blocked a user for
inappropriate behaviour. This means that the user can no longer log in
to edit/delete their comments.
  * The user has subsequently sent a mail demanding that their posts
be deleted. The user has made the case that this is their legal right
(under Canadian law) and has threatened legal action.
  * Comments can only be deleted by an admin.
  * We have a prescedent that we don't delete posts that are stored on
GNOME servers.
  * Allan - why don't we delete posts? Rosanna - data retention
policies are part of our staff handbook, and are required for
insurance purposes.
  * Didier - on gnome-fr forums, they offer to anonymise posts rather
than deleting them (in order to preserve threads). Cosimo - isn't that
what happens when a user account is deleted? Yes.
  * Cosimo - prefers that people can remove their account rather than
deleting posts. Didier agrees with this. Allan is personally in favour
but doesn't know what the legal requirements are.
  * ACTION: Carlos to offer to delete the account and anonymise the
posts in the process.

 * Permission for Rosanna to fly to and attend GUADEC (Nuritzi)
  * VOTE: approve Rosanna's travel to GUADEC 2018
   * +1 unanimous

 * GUADEC 2019 (Allan)
  * https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/51
  * The call for bids was announced a while ago, and we haven't
received any bids.
  * If the Foundation provided better support, people might be more
willing to hold GUADEC. This is something we should look into.
  * Can we return to a previous venue?
  * Can we partner with another organisation?
  * ACTIONS: do another mail out to foundation-list, go through the
list in the issue

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]