Re: Minutes of the Foundation Board, 13th March

Hi,

 * Tile server options for Maps (Allan)

  * VOTE: approve $300 a month to pay Mapbox - passed unanimously
  * ACTION: Meg to inform Mapbox and the Maps team, cc'ing
Rosanna
and Neil
   * We might want to revisit this when we set future budgets

From outside, and setting aside the quality of the product, it is
hard
to asses whether this is a good decision or not.

To do so, we would need to know what the recurrent income and
expenses
are. It could be monthly or yearly. If we receive more than we
spend,
then it might be a doable decision. Otherwise, we need think a
better
long term solution.

The cost will be capped at $300, which falls within the budget for
the
current financial year. Ongoing expenses will be factored into our
routine financial planning, when we set the budget for each financial
year.

Also, again, the question that pops up here is : What is the policy on
tile server use for other applications than maps, being "offical" GNOME
(Contacts, Photos, ...) or "related" such as Shotwell.