Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of September, 26th, 2017

On Wed, 2018-01-24 at 00:37 +0000, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:32 AM Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:

Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin Berg <benjamin sipsolutions net> wrote:
I have noticed that the lack of board minutes has not been
resolved so
far and I am hoping that the community can get a quick action
from the
board with regard to this matter. Can every board member please
work on
 publishing the minutes at their respective earliest convenience?

Thanks for raising this issue again. I agree that it needs to be
resolved and we discussed it during a board call this week. We'll
do
our best to get the minutes published and update the list once it's
happened.

Why not just ask an ex-director or board member to join the call and
take
notes for everyone. :-)

They can always drop out if there are sensitive topics.

In the past, there was an Etherpad instance running during the meeting,
where every board edited the text during the meeting. Sometimes, some
members did the heavy writing, while other edited the text, tagged
properly, added references, and so on.

Thus, the heavy work was done during the meeting, sharing the workload.

Once the meeting was over, the content of the Etherpad instance was
copied to the private section of wiki.

After a week, if no objections were raised, they were considered
approved. That meant, moving the content from private to public.
That way, there was a time when the minutes were available promptly.
Timing matters.

When did this method stop being useful?

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño