Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of September, 26th, 2017

Hi Germán and all,

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 4:53 PM, Germán Poo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
In the past, there was an Etherpad instance running during the meeting,
where every board edited the text during the meeting. Sometimes, some
members did the heavy writing, while other edited the text, tagged
properly, added references, and so on.

Thus, the heavy work was done during the meeting, sharing the workload.

Once the meeting was over, the content of the Etherpad instance was
copied to the private section of wiki.

After a week, if no objections were raised, they were considered
approved. That meant, moving the content from private to public.
That way, there was a time when the minutes were available promptly.
Timing matters.

When did this method stop being useful?

That's still how we take minutes; indeed, the heavy lifting is done during the meeting and board members generally share that duty, with the Secretary being the main contributor.
We admittedly have not done a great job with the publishing part that comes after that so far this year.

As the Vice-Secretary, I take my share of responsibility for that, and want to take this opportunity to extend my apologies to the community for the delay, and thank you all for your patience.
We'll work to make sure that such a long delay does not happen again.

I just went ahead and published all the remaining minutes of our 2017 meetings. They're already available on the wiki [1], and should also reach the list soon.

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes

Cheers,
Cosimo