Re: Code of Conduct Adoption Process

On Fri, 2016-09-16 at 07:04 +0200, Jens Georg wrote:
Can you please stop leaking half a conversation from a private
mailing
list to a public one? Thank you.

In Richard's defense, I don't believe the emails he's replying to are
intended to be private. In the mailing list archives, there are a
number of "Message not available" entries:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2016-September/thread.h
tml

My guess is that Lefty is replying publicly, that his posts are not
being allowed through the list for some reason, and that Richard
understandably does not realize nobody else can see the posts he is
replying to.

My constructive criticism is that you not take your code of
  > conduct guidance from people who are unrepentant poster
children
  > for the need for a code of conduct.

He's exaggerating about me, but that's the smaller error.  His
fundamental error is in the general premise that he wants us to
accept
without examination: that we should judge proposals based on
opinions
about the people who worked on them.

We should judge proposals based on what they say and their effects,
not based on personalities.