Re: Travel committee disfunctional?

On Thu, 2016-03-17 at 17:57 -0400, Jeff F. T. wrote:
Indeed the issue, as far as I know, is that the Travel Committee is
has finite human resources. IMHO the only way to alleviate this is to
have additional trusted Foundation members join that team to share
the workload.

The delay may be explained by several factors. One thing is checking
that everything is in order to approve the reimbursement. A different
thing is to proceed with the actual payment.

The second one means giving access to GNOME's bank and PayPal accounts,
plus coordination to avoid reimburse twice, avoid mistakes that make
the transfer going to the wrong place, and so on.

My understanding is that PayPal transfers are straightforward. However,
bank transfer require to call to the bank, provide some access code,
plus the information to proceed.  Yet, that cannot be done from any
place.

For that reason, reimbursements are processed in batches (or at least
we tried to do that when I was there).

What is the workload you want to share? (the second one is tricky).

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/