Re: Travel committee disfunctional?

Zeeshan, I understand your frustration,

but how would you feel if you were one of the volunteers throwing as much spare time as you have to help in the committee and you read your email (or even just the subject, which I find discouraging enough)? how would you feel if you were thinking about becoming a volunteer on this or some other committee/group within GNOME and saw this kind of negative feedback thrown? Do you think your email is particularly encouraging?

We must be rather careful with words towards people making an extra effort outside of their work/"normal" life to help run this community. This sort of problem is normal in any volunteer based organization, which you should know by now, and your email doesn't quite point things towards any particular solution. What are we (the foundation members) supposed to do with your email? Unleash some sort of imaginary whip towards the travel committee? I'm pretty sure they're doing their best.

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to bring this up but it seems to me that travel-committee
members do not have time for doing their job in a timely manner. I say
this cause it's now been several weeks that I applied for FOSDEM
re-reimbursement but have not yet received it. Soon after the
conference I was informed that I need to blog about the events and I
did that as soon as I could, even though I was ill, assuming that
would mean me getting reimbursed sooner. After a few weeks of waiting
and regular reminders, I was asked if I would rather want to be
reimbursed to paypal instead and it's been two weeks since I provided
my paypal details now. I pinged the travel-committee list a few times
since then but I have got no response at all.

I understand that travel-committee is composed of volunteers and they
could get real busy with their work and life but if people have to
spend a lot of time on getting the committee members to do their jobs,
I think we have a problem and we need to talk about it.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)