Fixing calendars in GNOME

As you probably know, for one reason or other, scheduling applications have important drawbacks in GNOME right now. And after studying the problem for a while, I came to the conclusion that the California application is the closest to do it right now.

The only thing that it is stopping it from succeeding is a small list of bugs that prevented users wanting to start using it in real world:

(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/california)

So here is the point: I would want to propose that we summit the fixing of that small amount of flaws as a Google Summer of Code project if possible, and get a calendaring application that finally works well.

I have been talking to the people in the California mailing list, and some offered volunteers to fix it. The only thing we would need is a person with some experience developing with the Vala programming language that will offer to eventually mentor the volunteers.

The source code of the application is this:

(https://github.com/GNOME/california)