Re: Agenda for board meeting on November 3rd

On Fri, 2015-11-06 at 16:40 -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:

  > While I do think we should recommend fdroid.org as preferable and
only
  > link to it (such as in links from the GNOME application and its
  > documentation), and avoid linking to a version in the Play store
(e.g.
  > "To use the Foo feature, install the Foo application for Android,
  > available via https://f-droid.org/...";), that doesn't preclude
making
  > the application available via the Google Play store for users who
  > already have that installed.

That's true.  The program's developers, or others, can put it in the
Google store if they wish.

My point is that the GNOME Foundation should not do so.

I initially thought we should put the app in the store. Reading this
last line, made me realize the distinction. I agree with Dr. Stallman.
I really enjoy reading this list sometimes!

Thanks!
James
@purpleidea