Re: More questions for Board candidates

Have you ever done any fundraising?

I took an active part on the GNOME vs Groupon's fundraising campaign
the GNOME Foundation launched the past year.

Are you comfortable asking sponsors for money?

Yes as in making sure the sponsors do actually know why they should
trust us and our mission and donate. We can do this is many ways and
Jeff's initiative on the Sysadmin's brochure is one of these cases. In
the eventuality the funds for the Sysadmin position will end the
virtual sponsors should know what has been achieved, how and what have
been the benefits of both the community and the representatives of the
company / organization itself with their daily use of the GNOME
Infrastructure. What I'm comfortable in - summarizing - is asking for
money while providing a good rationale (and documentation, past
achievements and results of the Board / other GNOME team) about why
external entities should donate to our cause.

Have you ever been in a manager role?

No, but I've been coordinating the GNOME Infrastructure and the GNOME
Foundation Membership & Elections Committee since several years now
hopefully providing a good service for the GNOME community and
membership.

Do you have any experience talking to reporters?

Some, my personal background includes a degree in law which helped me
a lot handling several legal matters we had to face during this term.
On this side I was interviewed by the World Trademark Review online
magazine [1]. Additionally - if that matters - I've been part of the
"press" myself for several months as a technical freelance writer [2]
writing about anything GNU / Linux and FOSS related.

Additionally I took part writing / reviewing / co-writing some PRs for
the GNOME Foundation back in the days.

Have you ever talked to a group of people about why software freedom is
important?

I did in many occasions during conferences I participated in as a
speaker. Talks there were technical but I always made sure to
introduce my speech mentioning the fact the software / tool in
question was completely Open Source and licensed under a free
software-compliant license.

[1] http://www.worldtrademarkreview.com/Blog/detail.aspx?g=9df9d63a-417f-4a95-88b2-d781008a47f3
[2] http://www.oneopensource.it (italian website)

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av