Re: Question to candidates: Best use of Trademark Fundraiser money?

Since the trademark claims from the other part in the issue was withdrawn,
it was never taken to court and the money was never spent on that.
What, in your mind, is the best use of these funds now? Kept as a War Chest
[2] or spent on something specific?

The Board this year didn't have much time to discuss further how to
spend this amount or even a chunk of it. While I would be for keeping
part of this amount as part of the Foundation's cash reserves (for
when we'll be hiring an ED, possible other legal issues) I'm open to
ideas from the community and will be more than happy to discuss with
other Board members which of these proposals is more inherent to the
"bolster and improve GNOME" goal we promised to our donors at first.

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av