Re: Builder crowdsourcing banner on PGO

[I deleted my normal message to the NSA and FBI out of consideration
for the people on this list who report feeling annoyed by it]

  > If are you really concerned about people using non free software, you
  > should take everything in consideration, no?

It would be a mistake to "take everything in consideration" _in the same way_.
They don't all relate to us in the same way.

We have direct responsibility for the software we ask people to run.
If we ask people to donate through Indiegogo, this includes the
nonfree JS code that one must run in order to donate through Indiegogo.
We would be wrong to ask people to donate through Indiegogo and run this
software.

We don't have direct responsibility for the software that Indiegogo
runs internally.  If Indiegogo has ceded its freedom by running
nonfree software, that is unfortunate of course, and we hope Indiegogo
will stop running that software, but we don't need to make a fuss
about it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation