Re: Builder crowdsourcing banner on PGO

Richard,

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:

  > Is anyone against placing a banner on PGO to support Builder's campaign on
  > IndieGoGo?

IndieGoGo has an ethical problem: to donate requires running nonfree
software.  Thus, even if a campaign is a good thing, we shouldn't
promote it on that site.

On one hand I can see your point.
On the other hand a few of questions came to my mind and I hope you
have no problems in answer them.
(I know that the IndieGoGo problem is different than a bank, but I
still think the questions are valid).

1) Which bank is used for keeping/receiving money for FSF?.
2) Are you sure that any kind of nonfree software is not used for
anyone in the bank?
3) If yes, how?
4) If not, considering that your bank have some people running nonfree
software, should not we close the bank account once we would be paying
for someone use a nonfree software and it is an ethical problem?
5) If we don't find any bank that can provide a service without run a
nonfree software, what would be your recommendation?

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio