Re: Builder crowdsourcing banner on PGO

On Jan 1, 2015 5:23 PM, "Alexandre Franke" <alexandre franke gmail com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Fabiano Fidêncio <fabiano fidencio org> wrote:
> > 4) If not, considering that your bank have some people running nonfree
> > software, should not we close the bank account once we would be paying
> > for someone use a nonfree software and it is an ethical problem?
>
> The issue Richard is pointing to with IndieGogo is that non-free
> software is mandatory to use the service (make a donation).

As I said, I didn't ask about the IndieGoGo issue.

> Even if a
> bank uses non-free software on its website, and unless it's a 100%
> online bank, you can still use their service (make a deposit,
> transfer, or withdraw money) by going to the bank and talking to a
> person, so nobody forces non-free software on you.

But if all the tools used to do your/the bank transactions run nonfree software it can be an issue, as fair as I can see (and as far as I understand we should avoid it instead of just ask for a layer of free software running).

> > 5) If we don't find any bank that can provide a service without run a
> > nonfree software, what would be your recommendation?
>
> Moot.

Didn't get what you mean by moot.

Best Regards,