Re: OPW; Where does the 500$ for each GSoC goes?

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 07:15:42PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
In the past you mentioned that you think we should fund any
GNOME-related project. I disagree. I'm not sure if it would be
beneficial to mention specific projects, but to be blunt, I think some
of our GSoC projects were a waste of money.

NB: This is not foundation money (not a good reason to waste it, but
still better than wasting GNOME's money directly ;). For what it's
worth, it seesm that Google intent for this money is more to be spent
for outreach (attract and train new GNOME developers) more than
something than needs to be spent ultra efficiently on the parts of the
code base more in needs of improvements. As a project, we could decide
we want to spent the money this way, but that would be our decision, not
Google's.

Christophe