Re: OPW; Where does the 500$ for each GSoC goes?

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 05:44:49PM +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 08:22:50AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
The list of sponsors is very public, where have you looked that you have
not seen it?

Here: https://gnome.org/opw/#sponsors

It is not explained which organizations sponsor which projects. Do all
organizations sponsor all OPW interns, regardless of the project (GNOME,
Linux, Mozilla etc)?

I'm pretty sure groups get to say "I'd like to sponsor X number of
interns for this specific project", and there is a fee involved in that
for running the overall project, as well as some groups that just
sponsor the whole project and don't specify the use of their funds.
This was explained somewhere in a previous description of the project,
but I can't find it at the moment.

Is there some specific objection you have with GNOME handling interns of
projects that are not specific to GNOME?

thanks,

greg k-h