Re: OPW; Where does the 500$ for each GSoC goes?

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 02:32:59PM +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
  But it seems logical to me that, for example, the Linux Foundation
  pays only for the OPWs related to Linux.

Why do you say that?  There are lots of companies that sponsor OPW
kernel interns other than the Linux Foundation, and if you have seen the
presentation by the kernel interns, we list who the sponsors are every
year.

  So which companies or
  organizations finance the GNOME OPWs? Philip Van Hoof suggested that
  this money could be (better) spent on developer tools, which would
  indirectly achieve outreach too (women included of course).

The list of sponsors is very public, where have you looked that you have
not seen it?

thanks,

greg k-h