Re: OPW; Where does the 500$ for each GSoC goes?

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 02:07:46PM +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 08:54:14AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
Is there some specific objection you have with GNOME handling interns of
projects that are not specific to GNOME?

That is another problem.

What Philip Van Hoof said is that GNOME should focus less on outreach,
and more on software. If our software is excellent, including our
developer experience, the outreach will be done by itself,
automatically. GNOME is already a well-known free desktop, it shouldn't
be needed to spend lots of money on marketing.

That's one theory, do you have any numbers to back it up to show that
this theory works?

Hint, I have numbers showing the exact opposite for other projects... :)

thanks,

greg "theory is good, but experience and numbers is better" k-h