Re: Board of Directors Elections 2014 - Candidacy - Karen Sandler

On 05/21/2014 07:35 PM, Jeff Fortin wrote:
Le mardi 20 mai 2014 à 21:17 +0100, Ekaterina Gerasimova a écrit :

With regard to comments in this thread on candidates' time involvement, and to Andreas Nilsson's earlier message on candidates "falling behind" for not having answered the 130+ (!) messages posted in the last day or two on this list: If I am to be judged on the speed at which I can rapid-fire answers to a hundred-mails-long multi-threaded mailing list topic, or by the clocked amount of hours spent on something (vs work delivered/value brought to the table), then I may look like the wrong candidate indeed.

It's mainly 6 messages, the rest are mostly made out of other candidates answers and sometimes someone asking candidates to clarify their answers. Since it is an election and there are several good candidates, I want to cast my one vote on candidates that I know where they stand on these questions. Opinions on issues such as Dave's what the candidates see in a future ED, or Andy's if focus of the GNOME Foundation should be on product vs. technologies greatly affects how the board will function and vote.

I do actually keep a count on who replied to what thread, but I won't vote on reply-ratio alone. I wanted to avoid a situation where a candidate slips under the radar on important matters and just get voted in on their name recognition in the community alone. Fortunately a lot of candidates have been very good at answering questions. Thank you everyone for taking the time to do that!
- Andreas