Re: "Boston" Summit 2013?

On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 19:03 +0200, Piñeiro wrote:
[...]
What is the point of that long previous paragraph? Sincerely, for me,
taking into account that we are talking about a small event, just
starting to move to a different city for the sake of moving is an overkill.

AFAIU, the idea of doing it in different city is because of last
incident in Boston.  It is not for the sake of moving it.

And as Benjamin opened the can of "Europe is far far away from
Portland", this is even worse for people living in small cities. In my
case I assisted the Boston summit twice (2009, 2012). And it was a
Coruña-Madrid-Boston. In the hypothetical case of repeating this year,
that extra "hop" would mean Coruña-Madrid-Amsterdam-Portland or
Coruña-Madrid-Seattle-Boston.

But I'm under no illusion that for some that this might be harder to
get to.  I'm still working the venue and hopefully I'll have something
by next week.

Although working for the venue is appreciated, imho, is irrelevant.

It is relevant.  Without venue or people organizing the event there is
no event.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/