Re: "Boston" Summit 2013?

I can ask if Portland state will do something similar. I'ts over the columbus day weekend then?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
On Fri, 2013-04-26 at 11:21 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy peters gmail com>wrote:
>
> > In addition to GNOME folks willing to host (yeah, Sri!) there is also a
> > large, active open source community in Portland so we might draw new people
> > or people that haven't been able to travel to Europe or Boston.
> >

> This is true.  Portland has a very large presence of many open source based
> start ups as well as established companies like Intel and IBM who have open
> source teams.  Intel for instance has all their Xorg hackers here.  We have
> some Red Hatters, people who work on filesystems, and many kernel folks.
>
> So you'll have a large community to interact with.  I'm well known in the
> Portland open source community as I manage our "beerings".  In fact it was
> from the beerings that Linux Plumbers Conference was born.
>
> I also have access to an events coordinator as well as my old plumbers team
> to ask for advice.  I dont know mucha bout the logistics - how many people
> generally come?

Boston Summit is between hackfest and unconference.  It is about 35-50
people.

One of the benefits of Boston is that MIT traditionally had lent the
venue for free during Columbus Day.

You can get an idea from the old wiki pages:

https://live.gnome.org/Boston2012
https://live.gnome.org/Boston2012/Participants
https://live.gnome.org/Montreal2011/Participants
https://live.gnome.org/Boston2010/Participants