Re: "Boston" Summit 2013?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy peters gmail com> wrote:
In addition to GNOME folks willing to host (yeah, Sri!) there is also a large, active open source community in Portland so we might draw new people or people that haven't been able to travel to Europe or Boston.

This is true.  Portland has a very large presence of many open source based start ups as well as established companies like Intel and IBM who have open source teams.  Intel for instance has all their Xorg hackers here.  We have some Red Hatters, people who work on filesystems, and many kernel folks.

So you'll have a large community to interact with.  I'm well known in the Portland open source community as I manage our "beerings".  In fact it was from the beerings that Linux Plumbers Conference was born.

I also have access to an events coordinator as well as my old plumbers team to ask for advice.  I dont know mucha bout the logistics - how many people generally come?

So I'm a bit of a neophyte on planning but I do have 2 months off from August to the beginning of September of which I can spend time planning.

sri

Stormy