Google Code-In 2012?

Google will run Google Code-In (GCI) again this year
(see [1] below if you don't know what that is).

Is the GNOME community interested in participating?

Would you (developer, translator, doc writer, designer) be a mentor and
provide tasks?

(Asking as I faced reluctance in the past, because time spent mentoring
students took often longer than if GNOMErs did the task themselves, plus
students often didn't stick with the mentoring org afterwards.)

In case there is enough interest:
Is anybody else in to help organizing this for GNOME?
Asking as I won't have much time this year.

Comments?

andre

[1]
Code-In is for 13-17 year old students. Tasks take 3 to 5 days.
Nov 05th is the deadline for orgs to apply. The contest runs from Nov
26th to Jan 16th. Tasks can be about Code, Documentation,
Outreach/Research/Marketing/Community Management, QA and UX.
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2012/09/google-code-in-contest-for-high-school.html
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper