Re: Google Code-In 2012?

Althought I'm not the maintainer, I'd like to propose fixing and improving Gtranslator as a task for GCI.

As André says, mentoring may take more time than fixing the bugs, but the project is in a critical stage, since the maintainer has announced that he is not maintaining it anymore, and nobody is interested in doing it.

This GCI should be the opportunity to try to recruit and teach a new maintainer for Gtranslator. As I've said several times, GT should be the official tool for GNOME translators, like Anjuta for developers. Having a good tool for translators should be a priority, since we should be able to develop and maintain the necesary tools to develop, test and translate our own project.

I could help with this task opening bugs for errors and/or enhancements, or simply recommending some bugs to the students or testing patches.

Hope we be able to rescue this great tool.

Best regards.