Re: Stock trademark licensing agreements?

Le mercredi 16 mars 2011, à 17:40 +0100, Dave Neary a écrit :
> Hi,
> Vincent Untz wrote:
> > openSUSE has trademark guidelines:
> >

> > The guidelines explicitly authorizes some common uses for the openSUSE
> > trademark, with no form to fill.
> Good guidelines for what the holder is OK with are great - but not quite
> what I was hoping for. I'm thinking more along the lines of

Well, that's kind of covered in
isn't it?

The openSUSE approach is to authorize what is thought reasonable / fair,
without any form, and for everything else, explicitly require that
permission is asked.

> This is stuff which falls outside of the normal guidelines, that we
> won't let everyone do, but which we're happy for some people to do,
> under certain conditions.

I guess my point is something like this: if we can define those "certain
conditions" and say it's okay to use the trademark in those cases, isn't
it fine to just skip the form? Okay, I guess that's a question for a

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.