Re: Stock trademark licensing agreements?

Hi,

Vincent Untz wrote:
> openSUSE has trademark guidelines:
>  http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Trademark_guidelines
>
> The guidelines explicitly authorizes some common uses for the openSUSE
> trademark, with no form to fill.

Good guidelines for what the holder is OK with are great - but not quite
what I was hoping for. I'm thinking more along the lines of
http://foundation.gnome.org/licensing/usergroup/

This is stuff which falls outside of the normal guidelines, that we
won't let everyone do, but which we're happy for some people to do,
under certain conditions.

By giving a license, we deal with the "Trademark law requires you to
police your mark" constraint, while also allowing people to do stuff
we're OK with without putting too many barriers in their way.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary