Re: Question for candidates
- From: Richard Stallman <rms gnu org>
- To: Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu tomeuvizoso net>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org, liam holoweb net
- Subject: Re: Question for candidates
- Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 05:29:07 -0400
The point I was trying to make is that we *do* have an "inherent
advantage" in bringing practical benefits to users and would be sad to
relinquish that, as I understood RMS was saying.
Someone else pointed out that we have an advantage in bringing
practical benefits to minorities. That's true, but my point is
different. My point is that we need to talk about our inherent
_ethical_ advantage that we respect users' freedom.
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
Use free telephony http://directory.fsf.org/category/tel/
] [Thread Prev