Re: Question for candidates

[resent from the right address, sorry]

On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 15:15 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
[...]
> What about translations, accessibility and other needs of minorities?
> For big companies it's *impossible* to support those needs but for
> community-developed software that's just what we do.

Large companies often do work to address needs of significant
minorities, either because of market pressures or because of
legislation. Not always, for sure.

When it comes to accessibility, though, making software easier to use
for people with specific needs often ends up making the software easier
to use for everyone.

> I think it would be sad to focus just on the ethical argument when we
> have so much practical potential that can help us engage first-time
> users.

Ethical and Practical do not need to be mutually exclusive.

Liam