Re: Question to candidates: on-line services

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:

> I believe it is clear, from past board actions (e.g. the snowy
> hackfest) that such services are something we want to encourage, with
> our money and brand, but it seems we only have few developers engaging
> with the web, do you think the GNOME foundation should reach out to
> other communities (Mozilla? Apache? Midguard?) to foster developments
> in this area? (I am particularly interested in Stormy answer, as a
> Mozilla insider).

                   (and what do you think the board can do wrt this?)

Pretty ping?

I think that web services are very important (as I've said before.) I also think we have more people than we think working on them. What we need is an expanded vision for GNOME (or clarified version of what a desktop means) so that everyone can work towards the same vision and we can communicate it to potential partners.

I think without an expanded definition/vision, it's very hard to reach out to other communities or companies who might work with us.

Stormy