Re: Readability publisher sign-up for *.gnome.org

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:22:14 -0500
"Jason D. Clinton" <me jasonclinton com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 13:45, Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk> wrote:
> > People asked to have their blogs included on it and placed them on
> > it by choice. It's under CC-NC licensing (*). So they've agreed to NC use
> > but the foundation exploiting it commercially (or indeed any site
> > reformatting it and making money from doing so) would appear to be a
> > breach of copyright.
>
> We have agreed to an grant a copy of our blogs under no license
> whatsoever; it's a one-time grant of copy, non-transferable as long as
> we agree to continue to be aggregated. We are not implicitly licensing
> anything.
>
> The Foundation cannot grant a license to anyone else because it has none.

Then I suggest the web site is fixed because it says very clearly:

"This work is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0."

at the bottom of various pages, which sounds to me like a fairly explicit
grant of rights to the work.

Alan