Re: Readability publisher sign-up for *.gnome.org

> > I would be surprised if the Gnome Foundation had legal authority and
> > ownership rights to authorise any redesign of such material as it isn't
> > the rightsholder in question.
>
> Well, we are reformating and republishing already.  How's that different?
> Just wondering.

People asked to have their blogs included on it and placed them on
it by choice. It's under CC-NC licensing (*). So they've agreed to NC use
but the foundation exploiting it commercially (or indeed any site
reformatting it and making money from doing so) would appear to be a
breach of copyright.

Alan

(*) which is btw utterly broken because "non-commercial" has no defined
and common meaning