Re: Meeting Minutes Published - March 29th, 2011

On 26/04/11 15:29, Brian Cameron wrote:

Martyn:

On 04/26/11 02:11 AM, Martyn Russell wrote:
No comments from anyone on this?

Here are my thoughts...

I could put something a bold on the gtk.org website, but I would rather
we had something more centralised on gnome.org for all companies?

I get the feeling there isn't much interest in this?

I think there is a lot of interest, actually.

[snip]

Another example is that sometimes organizations do things like donate
a server or computer to The GNOME Foundation. The GNOME website does
not currently have a nice place to say thanks about such things. The
Friends of GNOME has a page to thank previous donors[1], but it does
not seem the right place to thank organizations, and does not seem
particularly inspired anyway.

I think (as said before) "Support" is quite an expansive word and everyone can think of different meanings for that word.

What I had in mind, was more along the lines of:

  http://qt.nokia.com/services-partners

In my experiences using technologies like GTK+ at former companies, businesses want to know there is a place they can go to if they need (professional) help. For Qt, it's their website and a number of certified partners. If you take that further, you then can provide a service phone number, etc as Bastien mentioned.

I don't think you can just do this in one place (i.e. a gnome.org url), I think you also need to do this on project websites too (like gtk.org). It's the first place I would expect to find something.

Right now, there is nothing AFAICS which a potential business could find (easily or at all) by going to gtk.org or gnome.org.

--
Regards,
Martyn