Re: Meeting Minutes Published - March 29th, 2011

Olav:

On 04/26/11 09:35 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 09:29:09AM -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
For example, there have been several occasions where organizations
have approached The GNOME Foundation wanting to donate funds with the
idea of doing a link exchange.  We have turned away such offers in

That were real contacts with organizations that *really* wanted to
support GNOME?

I know of at least two occasions where there was a real discussion
with another organization that worked with Free Software who wanted to
advertise on the GNOME website.  We turned them both away because we
couldn't agree how to promote their organization on The GNOME website.

I also see loads of link exchange emails for gnome.org and regard all as
spam.

Perhaps I shouldn't have used the term "link exchange".  It really does
not describe well the two situations that we had in the past.  I used
the term more because I figured people would understand the concept.

Brian