Re: Meeting Minutes Published - March 29th, 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 4:58 AM, Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com> wrote:
On 18/04/11 11:49, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

One of his ideas was to add a list of companies that gave GTK+ support
(as in, custom development, not in "call this company when you hit a
bug" sense).

Yea, this idea has been floating around for a while. It's also why we have the affiliations listed. I agree, more can be done here.

Also, as Bastien points out "support" is quite an expansive word and encompasses more than people may initially consider.

I think we can list companies with some objective data.

So we could list companies that do work associated with GNOME/GTK+ along with data like:
* what areas they consider their expertise,
* past clients with testimonials (assuming appropriate permissions),
* links to work done (again with appropriate permission) or code they wrote or are responsible for,
* links to their involvement with GNOME
 * people that work with them that are involved in GNOME,
 * GNOME Foundation advisory board,
 * employees that are GNOME Foundation members,
 * GNOME related talks they've given,
 * GNOME related training they are involved with
 * etc

Stormy