Re: [guadec-list] Dates & format for Desktop Summit 2011 announced

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 09:30:49AM +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Gil,
>
> Gil Forcada wrote:
> > So criticism was expected? I understood as a set-in-stone decision :)
>
> Feedback was expected... some of this *is* set in stone, but I
> definitely prefer hearing concerns now, so that we can try to address them.

2 points:

1. Conflicts with the schedule for GNOME 3.2 (feature, API, docs are @
Aug 15, UI one week later). Basically the proposed freezes are right
after the desktop summit. There is not much that we can do regarding
scheduling GNOME as GUADEC has consistently been later and later in the
year.
We need a shorter release cycle for GNOME 3.2 (release date is proposed
for Sep 28), so not sure what can be done. Generally there is almost no
development activity during GUADEC.
Note that above dates are still not final.

2. Conference start on a Saturday is I think unusual for GUADEC? I
thought it always was a weekday. Not sure if everything can be ready in
such a short timeframe.

--
Regards,
Olav