Speaker Guidelines

Brian Cameron wrote:
> > Oops, missing link here:
> >  http://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct/SpeakerGuidelines

I cleaned up some of the text on this page, though I didn't think deeply
about the content.

However, I think it is currently an invitation to the same old
philosophical discussion every time there's a problem. I think we should
state our position clearly, so it doesn't have to be said each time, at
the end of a long thread. So I would add this text to the "Dealing With
Problems" section:

"We are not interested in a debate about whether someone should feel
offended. You should avoid offending people even if you do not share
their views."

"We do not consider this to be excessive censorship. It does not stop
you from offending outside of the community."

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com