Re: Reboot: Strategic goals for GNOME

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 7:43 AM, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net> wrote:

Technically, there is: iFolder. It has struggled quite a bit, but it's
still completely open and just waiting for someone to Do The Right
Thing and get it fixed up a bit and offer a service. The biggest
problem that iFolder has is no one is providing hosting for it. It's
free software, but it's a bear to get a server running and way more
hassle than most users are willing to put up with, even if they have
the means to do so.

Cool. I think I had heard about it but didn't realize it was free software.

GNOME is going to host Snowy. If that works out well, I think we should look at how we could provide hosting to other free and open web services. (It would have to include a plan for raising money for hosting. There are a number of ideas and alternatives that we could explore.)

Stormy