Re: Reboot: Strategic goals for GNOME
- From: Jim Gettys <jg freedesktop org>
- To: Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org, Andrew Cowie <andrew operationaldynamics com>
- Subject: Re: Reboot: Strategic goals for GNOME
- Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 22:18:03 -0500
I think there is a major inflection point underway which GNOME should
The combination of technologies going under the name "HTML 5" have
made/are making web technology based applications finally competitive
with those built using conventional toolkits such as Qt, GTK+, and the
Windows and Mac equivalents.
This provides a major opportunity; but I have seen little thought or
discussion of how Gnome can/should take advantage of this.
Food for thought....
- Jim Gettys
] [Thread Prev