Re: Reboot: Strategic goals for GNOME

I think there is a major inflection point underway which GNOME should internalize.

The combination of technologies going under the name "HTML 5" have made/are making web technology based applications finally competitive with those built using conventional toolkits such as Qt, GTK+, and the Windows and Mac equivalents.

This provides a major opportunity; but I have seen little thought or discussion of how Gnome can/should take advantage of this.
			Food for thought....
				- Jim Gettys