Re: GNOME Speaker Guidelines

Hi,

As a GUADEC Speaker this year I went through the Guidelines and I'm a
little bit worried about this, because I reviewed my talk at last
GUADEC (GNOME 1,2,3, with the amazing Xan) and I think it failed to
comply all of those guidelines.

At the end, the document says: "Please keep in mind that the GNOME
Foundation is not the right forum to debate whether someone should
feel offended or not" so I not going to debate  it, but I would like
to stand that with every single sentence I can say there are potential
people all over the world that can feel offended, so I just cannot
control or avoid it.

I also don't think the ending is appropriate: "These guidelines do not
constitute censorship since you have many other forums and
opportunities to say whatever you wish.". That is a pretty evil
justification and probably Governments in Iran, Saudi Arabia or North
Korean can use it.

Salu2

"If all printers were determined not to print anything till they were
sure it would offend nobody, there would be very little printed."

Benjamin Franklin (1730)