Re: GNOME Speaker Guidelines

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 3:16 AM, Fernando Herrera <fherrera onirica com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
>> The company defined what was appropriate within their "forums". GNOME
>> can decide what's appropriate to discuss in GNOME forums whether it's
>> conferences or mailing lists.
>
> Here with GNOME do you mean GNOME community or the GNOME Foundation?

The GNOME Foundation which supports the GNOME community. Hopefully
they are close to one and the same when it comes to people.

>> Topics that are off topic for GNOME (say
>> politics not related to free software) can be discussed in other
>> forums. I don't think that's censorship.
>
> Do you mean that the acceptance of the Speaker Guidelines for GNOME
> conferences is an off-topic issue for GNOME forums?

No. No where did I say that. I said that politics not related to free
software are off topic for GNOME forums. Speaker Guidelines for GNOME
conferences is a totally appropriate topic on GNOME forums and has
(and is being) discussed several times.

Stormy