Re: Thanks, and a Brief Survey
- From: Philip Van Hoof <pvanhoof gnome org>
- To: Stormy Peters <stormy peters gmail com>
- Cc: rms gnu org, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Thanks, and a Brief Survey
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:52:14 +0100
On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 08:20 -0700, Stormy Peters wrote:
> I think we gain more by being excited and asking them to join our
> community, meet us, learn more about free software, etc than if we
> temper it down. When you praise someone that's learning something, you
> don't say "that's ok but it'd be better if ...", you say "that's
> great! nice job!" And then the next time you say "how about if you try
> xyz this time?"
Thank you Stormy, this is a great point of view.
You really understood what people like me and Lefty want to point out.
Philip Van Hoof, freelance software developer
home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
] [Thread Prev