Re: Thanks, and a Brief Survey

On Jan 19, 2010, at 7:20 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy peters gmail com> wrote:
Personally, I think we are delighted that they decided to use GNOME. We aren't praising the proprietary software but expressing happiness that they have decided to use free software that we have developed.

My impression is that the community is delighted when the Nuvo Garmin or Supersonic Imagine use GNOME technologies.

I think we gain more by being excited and asking them to join our community, meet us, learn more about free software, etc than if we temper it down. When you praise someone that's learning something, you don't say "that's ok but it'd be better if ...", you say "that's great! nice job!" And then the next time you say "how about if you try xyz this time?"

I strongly agree with all of the above.

__
Sent from my Steve-Phone