Re: How about creating addons.gnome.org

    It's not really a question of morality, how would we prevent a user
    from installing both a GPL and a non-OSI plugin for Tomboy at the same
    time?

As someone already pointed out, we don't aim to _stop_ users from
installing whatever they wish.  The question at hand is what we
_suggest_ to users.  We should not steer users towards nonfree
programs.

What counts is whether the addon is free or nonfree.  (See the
definition in http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html.)  The OSI
has a different criterion, called "open source".  It really is different;
not all open source programs are free.  In the GNU Project, we don't
follow the OSI; we insist on free programs.